We offer three learning levels for general learners of Chinese: Elementary, Pre-Intermediate, and Intermediate.
At the same time we offer business courses for adults as well as exam preparation classes.
Our qualified teachers use motivating teaching methods, including videos, presentations and music.
The elementary Chinese course teaches elementary level standard Chinese with a focus on communication skills, basic grammar, and listening and reading skills necessary for success in introductory Chinese as a foreign language. New language is introduced systematically and at a steady pace, allowing students to increase their knowledge of the language and build their confidence. By the end of this Elementary course you will be able to hold a basic conversation in Chinese.
This level corresponds to the A1 level of The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Pre-intermediate language course is a course for students who already have a solid foundation in the language. New language is introduced systematically, allowing students to extend and consolidate their knowledge of the language. New vocabulary is introduced regularly with a lot of practice activities, allowing students to immediately activate the language in a supported way.
This level corresponds to the A2 level of The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
The intermediate Chinese course is intended for people who already have some experience in English. The communicative emphasis gives students plenty of opportunities to put language into practice. By the end of this Intermediate course you will be able to describe situations and events, write texts and cope with coherent language. You will be able to communicate quite confidently.
This level corresponds to the B1 level of The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Business courses are intended for second language learners working in any business context, who want to improve their general competence in the target language, using meaningful real-world contexts relevant to their professional working lives. We will discuss your requirements and goals with you and come up with the best language training solution for you. This will take into account the time you have, your level, your expectations, your learning style and budget. By the end of the course you will develop communicative fluency, accuracy, and confidence within a business context reflecting your specific working environment. Our teachers are qualified and experienced. We do our best to match the appropriate trainer to you and their flexibility means that you can take classes when and where you need, incorporating what you need.
Exam preparation courses
We offer preparation courses for Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK), an international standardized test of Chinese language proficiency which assesses non-native Chinese speakers’ abilities in using the Chinese language in their daily, academic and professional lives. HSK consists of six levels. Our Exam preparation courses focus on exam content and test-taking strategies and are designed to help you pass your chosen qualification with the grade you want.
- HSK 1 level corresponds to the A1 level of The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Students can recognize and use some basic characters, and can understand and say some simple spoken phrases. This level prepares students for further studies of the Chinese language.
- HSK 2 level corresponds to the A2 level of The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Student can use the Chinese language on a basic level in day-to-day situations.
- HSK 3 level corresponds to the B1 level of The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Students of beginner-intermediate level that can complete day-to-day tasks in life, at school or at work, and can easily communicate when travelling around China.
- HSK 4 level corresponds to the B2 level of The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Students can speak about a broad range of topics in Chinese and can communicate with native speakers on a high level.
- HSK 5 level corresponds to the C1 level of The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Students can read Chinese newspapers and books, watch movies, write and make long presentations in the Chinese language.
- HSK 6 level corresponds to the C2 level of The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Students can easily understand any information in Chinese and can freely express themselves in both written and oral form.